The Danville Chapter consists of Health Collaborative members who live or work in Danville. We organize around projects and initiatives specific to the City of Danville and related to our goal areas: Healthy Eating, Active Living, Health Spaces, Access to Healthcare, and Leadership and Capacity.
See the one-page document about the Danville Chapter to learn more. Feel free to download and share with anyone who may be interested!
Danville Chapter Chair:
Kitt Mayo, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay in Touch:
- To receive Chapter Chair emails and chapter meeting invites, email email@example.com
- To receive Weekly Health Partner Updates via email from The Health Collaborative, subscribe here
- You can unsubscribe at any time.
Current Project Teams:
- Housing First - The team is working to develop a Housing First pilot program to address chronic homelessness in Danville. The Housing First approach connects individuals to safe, stable, affordable housing and support while removing the barriers that typically keep people from accessing other housing assistance programs.
- Health and Equity in All Policies - The team is working closely with the City of Danville to develop a framework for decision making that includes evaluation of the health and equity impacts of new programs and policies. The goal is to apply this framework to the development of the City's new comprehensive plan.
- Resource Awareness and Development - The team is working to better connect residents with the local resources and services they need to live healthy and well. They are exploring ways to raise awareness for the resources that already exist locally, while also helping human service providers work collaboratively to identify gaps in resources and better meet local needs.
- Maternal Health Task Force - This taskforce, formed in the spring of 2021, is working to raise awareness for racial disparities in maternal health outcomes and maternal healthcare needs by sharing the lived experiences of local birthing persons. Their goals are to build stronger relationships with providers, provide new maternal and infant health educational resources, and to develop a local doula training and certification program.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.
Initial Meeting Notes:
Thursday, September 3, 2020 - Notes
Thursday, November 5, 2020 - Notes