The Pittsylvania County Chapter consists of Health Collaborative members who live or work in Pittsylvania County. We organize around projects and initiatives specific to the county and related to our goal areas: Healthy Eating, Active Living, Healthy Spaces, Access to Healthcare, and Leadership and Capacity.
See this one-page document to learn more about the Pittsylvania County Chapter. Feel free to download and share with anyone who may be interested in getting involved!
Anne Cassada, email@example.com
Stay in Touch:
- To receive Chapter Chair emails and chapter meeting invites, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To receive Weekly Health Partner Updates via email from The Health Collaborative, subscribe here
- You can unsubscribe at any time.
- Increasing Access to Recreation - This team is working to identify and map all public parks, playgrounds, greenspaces, and trails in the county. They are also partnering with churches to create additional access to recreation through the development of shared use agreements. The team has a long-term goal of creating a County Parks Master Plan.
- Produce Prescription Program - This team is working to create access to healthy and affordable foods through the development of a Produce Prescription Pilot program. They are hoping to partner with local healthcare providers who can then enroll their food-insecure patients with diet-related health conditions into the program. The "prescription" would allow those patients to purchase fruits and vegetables at little or no cost.
- School-Based Health Clinic - After years of planning for a school based health clinic, the access to healthcare team and their partners at PATHS have secured a mobile health unit, which will serve all Pittsylvania County Schools. The mobile unit will serve as a COVID vaccination clinic and will eventually provide primary, dental, and behavioral health care for students.
Initial Meeting Notes:
Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - Notes