Lots of Potential
The Lots of Potential program hopes to combat food equity issues in the City of Danville by transforming vacant and under-utilized City owned property into sites for food production. Sites could be licensed by churches, community organizations, non-profits, or individuals. All Lots of Potential program participants would partake in the Community Benefit Plan. The goal of the Community Benefit Plan would be to engage the wider community in Danville in urban agriculture by offering community work days, classes or field trips.
- Transform vacant/ underutilized city owned properties into sites for food production
- Program Goals
- Address food access issues
- Support network to connect gardens with resources and technical assistance
- Engage the community through classes and community workdays
- Provide a potential agritourism site